Lists of EPPO Standards
All EPPO Standards are published in the EPPO Bulletin/Bulletin OEPP and can be freely downloaded from this website (follow the links below); excepted the EPPO Standards on efficacy evaluation of plant protection products (PP1) which are stored in a dedicated database (registration is required to access specific PP1 standards).
EPPO Standards on plant protection products
EPPO Standards on phytosanitary measures
- General Phytosanitary Measures (PM1): various standards including the EPPO recommendations on the use of phytosanitary certificates, the EPPO A1 and A2 Lists of pests recommended for regulation as quarantine pests, and standards on Arthurdendyus triangulatus.
- Pest-specific Phytosanitary Measures (PM2): all standards in this series (previously called SQRs, Specific Quarantine Requirements) are now withdrawn.
- Phytosanitary Procedures (PM3): standards describing methods to be followed for performing inspections, tests or treatments of commodities moving in trade, or surveys of quarantine pests.
- Production of Healthy Plants for Planting (PM4): standards describing the steps to be followed for the production of vegetatively propagated planting material whose health status is attested by an official certificate (ornamentals, fruit crops, and potatoes).
- Pest Risk Analysis (PM5): standards providing detailed guidance on the analysis of risk presented by certain pests, in relation to their potential status as quarantine pests or regulated non-quarantine pests.
- Safe use of Biological Control (PM6): standards providing guidelines for assessing and reducing the risks associated with various aspects of the introduction and use of biological control agents and, as appropriate, for comparing them with the benefits in terms of efficacy. The list of biological control agents widely used in the EPPO region [Standard PM 6/3] will be maintained and up-dated only on the EPPO web site.
- Diagnostics (PM7): standards providing internationally agreed diagnostic protocols for regulated pests. In 2004, new standards in this series included a number produced by the EU DiagPro project SMT 4-CT98-2252.
- Commodity-specific Phytosanitary Measures (PM8): standards making recommendations about phytosanitary measures which should be used or required by EPPO member countries for certain commodities moving in trade to prevent introduction and spread of quarantine pests.
- National Regulatory Control Systems (PM9): standards providing procedures for official control with the aim of containing and eradicating pests.
- Phytosanitary Treatments (PM10): standards describing the methods to be followed for treatments of commodities and treatments of crops for containment or eradication of regulated pests.